Popular Posts

Monday, May 23, 2011


Style with Ease
As the weather in Chicago turns from spring to summer, one thing I notice on the streets is the ability to take the shirt dress and make a one piece chic look. Whether the buttons are undone for a sexy look over a bathing suit or sleeves are shoved back with a belt like Vanessa Hudgens, it somehow works for everyone.




Take your boyfriends tuxedo shirt for example and wear it with a black pedal pusher legging from Goldsign and belt it for an affordable, recycled work look. Even an oxford tunic, with nothing but leopard mohair flats and messy hair, looks so put together with only two pieces total.
When I took notice of this not so trend, trend I of course went to my own closet for a quick overlook and stumbled across a bib-front tunic button down that I had previously worn over flowered summer dress. As I’m thinking it was maybe too short for a dress, I saw a little cotton sky blue mesh dress that I normally wear to bed and thought ill try it layered with a big brown belt. If you saw me at this moment, you’d see it was a success as I wasted no time and wore it to work.


Whether it’s like Nicki Hilton with a Phillip Lim sequin shirt dress or myself with a cotton shirt. It was an easy fix for a hot day. Enjoy the sun and heat for today and stop by and see me for our shirt dresses by magical Helmut Lang.
Baci,


Michaela

No comments:

Post a Comment