Popular Posts

Sunday, April 5, 2009

I had the pleasure of dressing two incredible women, Natalia Zuckerman and Antje Duvekot. They were on their way to perform at Schuba's and gave me the opportunity to pick out clothes for them to wear for their show last Friday night. The whole experience brings to mind a French expression, "bien dans sa peau". It literally means, good in their skin. The French use it to express the idea of a person who is comfortable, confident, at ease. It is about the highest compliment a French person can give, much more important than being beautiful, bien dans sa peau is like the Spanish expression "simpatico", it comes from within. A person who likes themselves in a good way, not "pleased with themselves" which is so yucky, but just cool, in the groove, at peace with wherever they are at the moment. A deep calm confidence... seeing these two women perform Friday night was amazing. They were just so in their element, so "bien dans sa peau". I like to think that my clothes made them feel amazing, but I know in my heart that they are just amazing all by themselves. oxoxo Lauren

No comments:

Post a Comment