Popular Posts

Thursday, April 16, 2009

babeth and me!


This is a photo of my dear friend, Babeth,and me at the shows in New York. We are at my favorite bistro, Pastis. We go way back to my days of modeling in Paris. Babeth and I were both at Elite and we have a lot of great stories to tell. My french was good enough after spending my junior year abroad at the Sorbonne, but after graduation from Tulane I returned to spend another 6 years there and french truly became my second language. Babeth and I traveled the world together doing shows and printwork and our friendship has lasted all of these years. For a real hoot, google Babeth Etienne, she was married to the biggest French rock star of all time, Johnny Hallyday. Boy do we have stories!!! I was her maid of honor and she was married in George Hamilton's house in Beverly Hills. From there she went on to have a child, make a movie, cut an album and finally create the thing I believe she is the most proud of....Sacatinta, her line of beautiful bags, constructed and embroidered in Mexico. These gorgeous bags are described in an earlier post in this blog and they have been flying out of this store.

1 comment:

  1. Lauren,

    I Googled Johnny Hallyday--OMG, he looks like the Mitch Ryder/Beatles/David Bowie/Clash of France. You and Babeth should write a book about that era.

    Maureen Rosati

    ReplyDelete